Book Week 2022!
World Book Day – Thursday 3rd March 2022
Book Week – 28th February-4th March
Our World Book Day celebrations are fast approaching and we’re very excited about all the activities that will be helping us to celebrate books and reading in our school:
- The Great British Book Off - a whole school book corner competition!
Minutes read = equal pennies for books! The more the children read, the more money they’ll make to spend on books for their class. This competition will be launched during Book Week and children will vote on the best Book Corner at the end of term 4.
- Parents and Carers Read a Story - come and read or tell a story to a group or class in your child’s year group. Please email the office with your choices of times and days during Book Week and the Class Teacher will organise a timetable for parents.
- Stories from Around the World – during Book Week, each class will be focussing on a story or poem from around the world. Representatives from each class will share a presentation about what they’ve read in Celebration Worship during Book Week.
- St Matthew's Mammoth Book Swap - bring in a book you’ve read and swap it for another. There will be a table in the playground for children to bring in their old books (good condition please!) and swap for a new one. There will be enough books for everyone to take a new book home throughout the week.
- Story Jars - Children will be invited to think about how their favourite storybook could be represented in a jar, by using certain items, quotes or clues about the story. These Story Jars can start to be made during half term and brought into school during Book Week
- World Book Day Character Parade - dress up as your favourite book character. Be creative – try to use items you already have at home, or make something. You don’t need to buy a new outfit just for Book Day. Parents will be invited to the parades - we will have one parade for Early Years and Key Stage 1 and a separate parade for Key Stage 2.
- Author Visit - Michael De Souza is coming back to St Matthew’s! Monday 7th March.
- Scholastic Book Fair - come and browse or buy a book!